A new poll says that Valentine's Day and social media don't mix. Here are some of the most interesting parts of this poll to me.
- Nearly 75% say they'll be actively avoiding Facebook and other social media outlets this Friday because they don't want to see what's going on in other people's love lives.
- 72% admit they'll announce on social media that they're unattached in an effort to find a Valentine's date or connect with other singles.
- More ticked than men by couple "selfies"
- 50% will be checking in on social media
- 52% will share their single status
- More bothered than women by cheesy status updates and romantic messages
45% of both men and women say the social media pages of people in happy relationships leave them feeling even more lonely.